Return home

text for key not found: [incomeassets.dialog.cancelconfirm.text]


Help for Upload Documents

What documents can I provide online?

Centrelink forms and other supporting documentation can be submitted online.

Most Centrelink forms are available to complete online. Please check if the form is available online before completing a paper version.

Please Note: Files above 5 megabytes in size will not be able to be uploaded.

You are required to select one of the following document categories when uploading documents online. The following table shows examples of documents that fit in each category;

Centrelink Form

Forms issued by Centrelink. These documents contain a form number. For example;

SS075 – Statement

SS293 - Relationship details

SS245 - Financial Information


Lease/Tenancy Agreement

Bond Receipt

Letter from Real Estate Agent



Letter from Employer

Employer Termination Advice

Enquiry Letter

Letter or Fax

Letter or Fax to Centrelink from a Third Party

Tax Notice of Assessment

Bank Account, Loan documents

PAYG Payment Summary

Foreign Country Documents

Certificate of income from Overseas

Certificate of Residence Status

Letters from Foreign Governments or languages

Child Care

Child Care Receipts

Legal Family Court documents

Letters to confirm care of children


Letter from Doctor/ Hospital

Medical Reports

Medical Certificates (non-Centrelink issued)

Proof of Identity

Australian Birth Certificate

Australian Passport

Document of Identity


Proof of Enrolment

Study Details

Academic Transcripts

Evidence to Support Claim

Any documentation used to support a claim e.g. Bank Statements

Tax Notice of Assessment


Immunisation Evidence

Immunisation History form

Immunisation Exemption Medical Contraindication form

Immunisation Exemption conscientious objection form

Note: a Child Health record book is not acceptable proof of immunisation.

Clean Energy EMEP

Certification from a Medical Practitioner

Energy Bills

Notification from State or Territory Government confirming eligibility

Clean Energy LIS


Bank Statement

Superannuation Statements

Can’t find it?

If you cannot find the document you are looking for after selecting Centrelink Form, select this option to manually enter the document type.

Form number location

Where do I find the form number?

The form number of most Centrelink forms can be found at the bottom left hand corner of the form.

Only the digits before the dot point (.) are required i.e. SU415

What documents must not be provided online?

The following documents should not be lodged via the Document Lodgement Service:

Tip Offs

Please see our Reporting fraud page at for details on how to report a suspected fraud.

Letters to the Minister or CEO (Complaints or compliments)

If you wish to make a complaint or compliment please see the Complaints and Feedback page at

Documents intended for other government departments

Forms or documents required by other government departments must be submitted directly to that department

Types and Sizes of files that can be uploaded

You can upload the following file types online:

  • PDF
  • TIFF
  • PNG

Most other file types (including Microsoft Word and Excel) have to be converted into PDF format before upload.

A maximum file size of 5 megabytes can be uploaded in any single file.

If your file has been converted to PDF format and is still larger than 5mb you will not be able to lodge the document online.

Are there image quality requirements for scanned documents?

Any document submitted must be easily read and contain the full page in a single image. Please check each image carefully using the preview function to ensure they can be easily read before selecting the ‘submit’ button. If the document cannot be read we are not able to process your transaction.

The image quality will vary depending on the scanner or other device used however you must ensure that the file is within the file size limit (5mb). Images taken on a Smartphone or digital camera will generally be larger than documents that have been scanned.

What if I don’t have a scanner at home?

If you are unable to access scanning facilities, you may still be able to create an electronic file by using the camera function on your digital camera, mobile phone or tablet.

You can then download the image to your computer using a USB connection or email the image to your computer ready to upload.

Students, Jobseeker and Families customers may also be able to take a photo using their smart phone and submit the electronic file through the relevant DHS Express Plus App available from the App Store or Google Play.

How do I combine pages into one document?

A document that contains multiple pages must be submitted as one document. Some scanners will combine multiple page documents into one image file, however depending on your scanner type or if you are using a camera this may need to be done manually.

The Upload Documents service will help you try and sort these files together by asking if you have any further files/pages to submit for a particular document. By saying yes, you can select all the relevant files and they will be merged automatically into a PDF for you.

If you reach the file limit whilst doing this, simply submit what you have and start the process again for the remaining files.

An easy way to combine images into one file is to put them into a word processing document such as Microsoft Word. You can either “Copy” and “Paste” the images into one document or use the “Insert” menu option. Please ensure that you only place one image per page and in the correct order. You then need to save the document in PDF format to a folder on your device (pc/laptop/tablet/phone) where you will be able to easily retrieve it.

How do I convert my document to PDF?

Converting your file to PDF can help to reduce the file size without losing quality as well as making the file more secure and unable to be edited.

If using Microsoft Office (2007 or later), documents can easily be converted to PDF.

  1. Click the office button in the top left hand corner
  2. Hover the cursor over “Save As”
  3. Select PDF or XPS
  4. Select where you would like to save the file
  5. Type in the document name
  6. Ensure ‘Save as type’ box reads PDF (*PDF)
  7. Click ‘Publish’

*If you are using a Microsoft Office (2007 or later) and the PDF or XPS option on the Save As menu is not available, an update can be downloaded from the Microsoft website

If you have an older version of Microsoft Office or are creating a PDF from a different file type, free PDF converters can also be found on the Internet.

Apple Mac users can convert files to PDF using Pages or Numbers by selecting the ‘Export’ option on the File menu.

You can also download apps to create PDF documents on your iPhone, iPad or Android device.

How do I view documents I have uploaded previously?

You can view any documents you have uploaded via the Document Lodgement Service by accessing the View Upload History service available on the Online Services Entry page under the Documents and Statements menu item.

All files that have been submitted to Centrelink via this service have been stored in the PDF format. If you want to view the file, select the file from the list, and open it using PDF reading software.

If you do not have a program that can read PDF’s, Adobe Acrobat Reader is available for free from their website.

Do you have any feedback?

If you would like to provide feedback or comments regarding the Document Lodgement Service, please direct all inquiries to